Vice Mayor Ed Hooper and County Commissioner Sally Parks dedicated the plaque honoring S.S. Coachman, now proudly displayed outside the Coachman Building.
Coachman Building in Clearwater dedicated to one of the 2000 great Floridians


T
he Coachman Building, known as the Church of Scientology’s training headquarters in Clearwater, Florida, was built by a man named Solomon Smith Coachman in 1917. Mr. Coachman was a pioneer and founding father of Clearwater.

As a result of all Mr. Coachman’s contributions to this area, the State of Florida recognized him as one of the 2000 Great Floridians.

In response, the Church of Scientology proudly placed a plaque on the side of the Coachman Building. That plaque was dedicated in a ceremony hosted by the Vice-Mayor of Clearwater, with guest speakers which included the City Manager, Main Street Coordinator, Design Board Chairman and a County Commissioner. Also present were two other commissioners, the City Downtown Manager, members of the Clearwater Chamber of Commerce, several downtown merchants, the Pinellas County historian and many others.


Next
Your View    Links    Contact us

Coachman Building Contined


[an error occurred while processing this directive]



© 2000-2004 Church of Scientology International. All Rights Reserved
Scientology Trademark Information